Monday, June 30, 2008

Not even an inch

Nick and I went to our first ever OB-Gyn appointment and it was so amazing!! We got to see our baby for the first time and see the tiny heart beating away furiously. It was such a relief to hear them say that everything looks perfect and that baby is growing exactly how he should! I just stared at the screen through tears and couldn't believe that this little person is ours. It was such a spiritual experience for us! After the sonogram, my doctor printed off the picture for us and we kept looking at it and I don't think I have ever held on to something so tightly. Nick was looking at the picture and saw that right now, our little one is measuring 1.75 cm from crown to rump - NOT EVEN ONE INCH! This teeny, tiny baby is ours though and we couldn't be more thrilled. We'll for sure have it on our refrigerator so everytime we walk by we can be reminded how blessed we are for this baby and remember to say a little prayer of thanks for such a miracle.

8 comments:

losing my needles said...

Congratulations! It's always so fun when they do a sonogram at the very first appointmet. With Nate they only did it because they couldn't hear the hearbeat on the doppler, but with Graham I had changed doctors and they did it as procedure there.
Where are you going to deliver?

The Long Family said...

I am going to deliver at Georgetown - that is where I had my transplant and that's where the high risk ob is!

Matt & April Herman said...

I am so excited for you! If anyone deserves to have a sweet little one, it is you. I wish i could be there to go through all of this with you. Miss you!

Amy said...

Congrats Amanda! That is soo exciting! I love the first appointment and the chance to see the babys heartbeat for the first time. It makes it all so much more real! I am glad everything is going well for you and your little bean!!

Richard and McKenna said...

Congratulations guys!!!!! We are so excited for you two. We loved seeing you guys too!! I want to plan a trip out there because I have never been to the east coast... :( I really do miss chatting with you!

Starley Family said...

I could totally hear your voice as I read this post Amanda! I miss you tons. How exciting that Baby is doing well. Love ya, Stace

Aaron and Melissa said...

It makes it that much more real to see the little baby even if it looks like a little peanut. We are so excited for you. How fun!!!

Matt & April Herman said...

yeah! I love the Peanut picture! Its amazing how fast they go from a littel blob to aving arms and legs. I am just so happy for you. I can't wait to see your little prego belly in october!