Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Great Birthday Weekend

Being married has several pluses, one being that birthdays seem to go on forever. You get to celebrate with your spouse, then with your family and then with their family. I turned 28 on Saturday - yes 28!!! How did this happen? When did I get so old?!!?! The number was shocking but this was, by far, the best birthday in a long time. My life has never felt so full and satisfying. Growing older doesn't seem so bad knowing what is coming down the road in my life. So, Friday, my co-workers made such a fuss over me. They bought lunch, got me a card, made a cake. It was so awesome - a great way to kick off my birthday! Nick is always great about making my birthday a big deal. I slept in and then we got McDonald's breakfast which is a rare treat that I LOVE so much! Then I got to go get a manicure which is so relaxing and fun. Although, the manicurist next to my station was talking about how her husband abuses her which was really awkward and sad. Other than that, wonderful experience. Then I came home and went back to bed - so glorious. That night we had tickets to a play called Into the Woods that I have loved for a long time but haven't been able to find it anywhere. Theatre on the Hill in Westminster picked it up this year and I was so excited to be able to go! It was so fun to go and connect to my inner drama queen for a night!!! Before the play, we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and it was so yummy! I had never actually had their cheesecake so Nick and I topped off our delicious meal with a piece of Tuxedo Cheesecake. It was fabulous!!! It was such a great day - I got to do everything I wanted too! Then on Sunday, my mom had us over and we got to do it all again. I love being so close to our families so we can share these moments together. My mom made a great dinner and then for my cake, she made angel food cake with berries - so good! So here's to another year! Getting old ain't so bad after all!

8 comments:

Englishfam said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! I sounds like you had an awesome day. I love to be spoiled on my birthday. You only get it one day a year right?! I need to call you this week, sorry I am the worst friend ever! We need to chat about the baby, life, et. Can't wait!

Scrap Happy said...

See what happens when you change your email address? People like me forget your birthday! Sigh... glad you had a good time. Happy birthday, mommy - that whole sleeping-all-day thing will never happen again after 'lil Shellie gets here!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! 28 is nothin'. You're still a spring chick!

Clark and Liesel said...

Hppy be-lated birthday Amanda! I was thinking of you! I am glad that you were able to celebrate and am happy that you had such a great day! I am glad that you were born and that we are friends!

Parkinson Family said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful 28 year old! Angel food cake with berries...mmmmm! I'm excited to visit you tonight!

Aaron and Melissa said...

I am so glad that your birthday was fun. Wish I could have celebrated with you! We will sure miss you!

Starley Family said...

Wow that looks delish!! Sorry I missed your B-day. I suck. I love you anyway. 28 is awesome! Your age sound chic.

Nate and Lori said...

Sorry I missed your b-day....I love the play Into The WOods too. My sister did it in high school and was one of Cinderella's stepsisters. Happy late b-day.