Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy 75th Grandma

My grandma turned 75 on November 4th so my mom planned a surprise birthday party for her! On Saturday we all went up to her house and surprised her with food and gifts! It was a really great day and she was genuinely surprised! She cried and thanked us over and over again! My grandma is a great woman. She has touched the lives of so many people and I am so grateful to her for so many things. Without her, I wouldn't have the gospel in my life. She is the one who welcomed the missionaries into her home many years ago and got baptized. This is a gift that I feel grateful for on a daily basis! She is also the most kind-hearted, loving person who holds no judgement for anyone. My mom created a survey for everyone in the family to fill out where we shared our fondest memories of her. My mom took those surveys and pictures and made her a scrapbook that she can read over and over again. It took a lot of time but I know my grandma will read that book over and over, and hopefully, come to know what we've known all along, that she has left a legacy behind that has personally touched each and every member of the family.

No comments: