Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two Month Check-Up

On Monday I took Brady to his 2 month check up appointment. Somehow it slipped my mind that this was the appointment that he gets his first shots and I was totally unprepared for it! I would have brought back up!!! The actually check up went great. Brady is 10 lbs 3 oz. and 21 inches long, putting him in the 10th percentile for height and 25th for weight. He's still just a little guy but growing nonetheless. The doctor also said he has "exceptional focus" for a baby his age - that was nice to hear!! He has happy, smiling and cooing when the nurse brought in his three shots and one oral immunization. If he only knew what was about to happen?!?!!? Luckily, the oral immunization was sweet so she gave him that fast and then gave him the three shots as fast as she could. Poor Brady!! Because of his exceptional focus, he was able to look right up at his mommy with tears in his eyes as if to say, "Why would you let her hurt me, Mommy?" SO SAD! I could hardly stand it! Anyway, it seems we're doing something right - Brady seems to be as healthy as can be!

4 comments:

James and Amy said...

Yeah, those appointments are hard! We just have to keep saying that it will be better for them in the end! Glad he's doing well!

Matt & April Herman said...

So sad! I would have cried too. It is hard to be mom sometimes:) I am glad he is so cute and healthy, you are a great mommy:)

Jared and Patricia said...

I practically cry just as bad as Brodey does during immunizations...especially, when he gives me "the look" after someone's just given him a shot. Oohhh...I hate that. Brady sure is looking grown up and healthy, though! It's so fun to check you're blog every now and then. He's changed a lot since we were back there! Thanks for posting pictures. Brodey says "Hi, cousin Brady!"

Laurie LC Lewis said...

Brady, I even cried when your mommy got her shots! I don't think I could survie being there when you got yours. Poor Brady . . . poor Mommy. . .