Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The "babies" are coming to town!!

I have three brothers and only one is married and has kids - and these are his "babies". This is Keira & Tommy - they are 21 months & 4 1/2 and we still refer to them as babies. I guess because they are the first niece & nephew on my side or maybe because that will always be babies in our eyes - I dunno! Anyway, they live in Utah and are coming out to stay with my parents for 10 days. I am so excited. I love these kids so much and really miss them all throughout the year. They will surely be having a sleepover with us! Keira is all girl and loves her baby dolls. Tommy is so smart and loves activity books. He loves sports and they both LOVE water. Ever since they were babies they could swim all day and not get bored. If I love these kids this much, I can't imagine how much I will love my children. Anyway, stay tuned for a post on all our adventures!

7 comments:

Lindsey, J.D. said...

I am the same way, I love my nieces so much! That is what we have to post about until have kids. :) Well I'm glad we can be blogging buddies since we don't get to chat as often with no VT visits! Boo.

Scrap Happy said...

I still want Amanda to marry T3. We gotta get this family connected somehow...

Scrap Happy said...

or is it T4? I can't remember.

The Long Family said...

Yeah he's the fourth - shameless, I know!

Brian said...

its crazy when your brothers have kids and then you're watching them grow up? My oldest neice is in her first year of college and it still blows my mind.

Enjoy your time with them!

losing my needles said...

How fun to have the kids here. Enjoy them. Also, we have a new blog, jesseandlauren.blogspot.com it has pictures, and more family stuff on it.

Laurie LC Lewis said...

This is Amanda's mom, the person currently blessed to have the babies. It's always tough ramping back up into "Mommy-mode". The first day I was still in my jammies at 12:30, until Amanda popped in to tag-team me for a shower break. The next day we had everyone fed, bathed and dressed while the clock was still in A.M.mode! Hurrah! Today we accomplished all that plus we made a cardboard robot! Tomorrow, I'll likely be in a coma, but I'll have a big ole smile on my face!

Even we old veterans can forget the limitless energy and creativity required to nurture children, so hats off to mommies everywhere who do this everyday, and to all you mommies in waiting. . . read every book you can, hurry and enjoy your hobbies and grab as many naps as you are able, because it may be a while ebfore you can again!