Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Real Let Down

Nick and I are huge Keri Russell fans. We're dorks, I know. We loved her in "Felicity" and whenever she has a movie out that is ratings appropriate, we go see it or rent it. Well, Ms. Russell has been in a few movies recently and we were excited to see them, one being Waitress. Now, this movie made national "Best Movies of 2007" lists so this made it even more exciting. We rented it the other night and I have never been more angry after watching a movie. Maybe because I had such high expectations, but it was really horrible. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Here's the premise: ADULTERY!!! Keri Russell's character is a married, pregnant waitress in a very unhappy marriage and ends up having an affair. Affairs are never good but you can kind of excuse hers because her husband is a real creep and abusive. But, nonetheless, she is having an affair. The man she is having an affair with, her gynecologist, is also married - to a super cute character that has no idea. I HATE THIS MOVIE!! Why did the writers make him married? It wouldn't have taken away from the movie at all! Why is our world so obsessed with the concept that the "grass is always greener on the other side"? Just needed to vent......

7 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

I am so glad you understand how horrible this movie is! We got it as a Christmas gift and I turned it off after the first 20 minutes. I couldn't handle her kissing her OB-GYN...how sick is that?! She is pregnant with another man's baby! I completely agree that this movie is a big let down.

Becky said...

You know that kind of stuff has always really bugged me. Anytime I read a book or watch a movie with "cheating" involved I hate it and the character who doing it. Thanks for the heads up. Won't rent this one!

Scrap Happy said...

This is exactly why I despised Walk the Line.

But wait, I loved Wicked... hmmm...

losing my needles said...

One of my friends thought it was going to be great due to good reviews as well, and had a few friends from church over to watch it once, and was quite embarrassed that the movie she picked was so terrible. I haven't seen it, but I'll be sure not to now.

Nate and Lori said...

I hadn't even heard about this one, but definitely won't look for it.

Congrats on celebrating 3 years! Your pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I love Keri too. How disappointing!

AJ said...

The end is good though. Jayne and I appreciated the fact that she set everything right in the end and loved her little girl so much after so much indifference. Matlock's character is great too. Just look for the positives I suppose.

So for those that might somehow be interested in the movie, just know that he husband is a jerk, affairs everywhere, she hates the baby, but then watch like the last 20 minutes cause those are happy. ;)