- Touch their binky. You should never, ever, ever touch anything that is going to go in the babies mouth.
- Ask to hold a stranger's baby - this includes reaching to take the baby out of the carrier. WEIRDOS!!
- Kiss them - ANYWHERE! I wouldn't kiss their cheek, hands, belly, foot, etc.
- Take off their socks and tell the mother they're probably crying because they're too hot.
- Give the mother advice when I see the baby crying - chances are, she's feeling just as overwhelmed and/or embarrassed about it as I would be.
- Tell the mother she shouldn't let her baby suck on Binky's.
- Tell the mother that the baby looks nothing like them and argue that she must be the babysitter.
- Smoke a cigarette outside then come in and touch the baby's hand.
- Stick my head inside the baby carrier and invade baby's space - and really tick off the mom.
- Offer the baby random treats I have in my purse, bag or pocket.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Things I would never do to a stranger's baby or the mother
And, yes, these are all things that have happened to Brady since he came into this interesting world. I would NEVER: