Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day in Review

I get to wake up to this face every morning - I am a lucky girl!!!
  • Breakfast in bed----------------CHECK
  • Balloon carried in by my sweet son--------------------CHECK
  • Husband on baby duty all three hours of church-----------------CHECK
  • Dinner provided for me that required no cooking or dishes----------------CHECK CHECK
  • Many "I love you's" from the hubs and wet kisses from my son-------------CHECK
  • Visit from my dear old dad -------------------------------CHECK
It was a great day but none of it would have mattered at all if Nick wasn't so good at making me feel loved and adored all the other days of the year. None of it would have mattered if I didn't love being a mom everyday and could find something to be happy about each day - even on the hardest days! (Sometimes the only good thing is that he only played in the toilet twice instead of his long standing record of ten times a day!)There are times and seasons to our lives and right now is the season of little babies and a mildly messy, chaotic house. Last night Nick told me that Brady is the good boy he is because of me and that I have exceeded his highest expectations of the kind of mother I would be. It really touched my heart and makes the toys on the floor seem so unimportant. Mother's day for me was the culmination of the other 364 days a year that I feel like Nick recognizes the important work I do and loves me for it!
Moments like these make the times Brady sticks his hand in the poopie diaper all worth it!:-)

No comments: