On his actual birthday, he woke up and got to choose what he wanted for breakfast. I always ask the day before, of course, so I actually have what he wants. Brady boy wanted pancakes with strawberries and whip cream. Smart boy!! So I made him some pancakes, cut berries and started his cake for later while he talked to us about all his birthday plans/wishes. Here's a cute little video of our boy!
Flo's V8 Cafe
- Stoplight Brownies
- Dipsticks (Chocolate covered pretzel rods)
- McQueen's Meatballs
- Francisco's Fruit Platter
- Mater's Mac 'n Cheese
- Sally's Salsa & Chips
This is the food table of or "Flow's V8 Cafe"
Mater's Mac 'n Cheese
I made Brady's cake. I opted for a texas sheet cake instead of making a cake in the shape of Lightning McQueen. Super easy, super cute!
Here's our pit crew
Brady & Mommy
Aunt Becca & Brooklyn
Kids waiting for their goodie bags. Red cellophane bags with cars stickers and cars candy. Super easy, super cute. (Do you see a theme here?!?!?!)
We did play a couple of games. Of course, we had to play red light/green light. I put the dad's in charge of that outside. Then in side be played musical cars. Basically, I gather a bunch of Brady's matchbox cars, put them in the center of the room. Then I played "Life is a Highway" and when the music stopped, the kids had to grab a car. Whoever didn't get a car was out and so on and so forth. It was a party favorite. I think we played 17 millions rounds of it! The party was awesome and fun and Brady had a blast. That's all the matters, right?
At four years old, Brady is bright, happy, smart as a whip, talkative and kind. As this is my families record, I want to jot down some things about my boy that I don't ever want to forget.
- Tells me at least once a day how beautiful I am and that he loves me.
- His preschool teacher said that he sets the tone for the entire class and his kindness is the defining characteristic.
- At parent/teacher conferences, Brady was already trying to read and could spell and write his name, recall our phone number and address, and struggled with writing numbers.
- He loves being a big brother and takes great pride in caring for them.......that's when he's not trying to wrestle them to the ground and bug them incessantly!
- He loves dinosaurs. He loves learning about them to the very minutest details like how big their eggs are.
- He's very social and wants to get to know everyone. Not just say hi, he wants to get to know you, as much as he can! It's pretty amazing!
- At his wellness visit he was fourty inches tall and fourty pounds.